Sometimes simple fixtures are the best. SimplePacks and SimpleIndustry can be easily fixed to any surface by double-sided tapes or duct tape.
Duct tape is a very reliable fixing for surfaces that are hidden or where you can wrap the object around and where temperature does not exceed 60°C. It is very cheap a 50m x 48 mm 3M black tape costs 3 Euro and you need 2x10 cm for complete SimplePack pipe wrapping. So for 3 Euros you can mount 250 SimplePacks.
Removable industrial double-sided tape¶
When you need long lasting fixtures in demanding environments but you want to have the option of removing the object removable double-sided tape is best. You can also use nano stickers. We don't recommend the consumer double-tape. We have best experience with Ceyes Montack at 5 Euro you get 2,5 m. You need roughly 5 cm per SimplePack so for 5 Euros you can fix 50 SimplePacks. It is heat and water resistant and sticks really well to any surface and can be cleanly removed.
Non-removable industrial double-sided tape¶
The 3M UVB series is recommendable. GP series is cheap, temperature resistant and strong. Can replace mechanical fasteners (rivets, welding, screws) or liquid adhesives, eliminating drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and clean-up At 19mm width and 0,6 mm thickness we recommend 3M VHB™ GPH-060GF. Please see the technical datasheet here It costs 1 Euro per meter so you can fix 20 SimplePacks for one Euro. It is completely heat resistant and moisture and waterproof. Please bear in mind that removing it can be very difficult and can require cutting it off with a string.
All the tapes should be applied in above freezing point non-condensing environment. If you want it to apply(install) inside working freezer please consult your local 3M distributor. For under -55°C performance see the application note.
Please visit the official 3M How to apply guide.
Clean: Most substrates are best prepared by cleaning with a 50:50 mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water prior to applying the tapes. Exceptions to the general procedure that may require additional surface preparation include:
- Heavy Oils: A degreaser or solvent-based cleaner may be required to remove heavy oil or grease from a surface and should be followed by cleaning with IPA/water.
- Abrasion: Abrading a surface, followed by cleaning with IPA/water, can remove heavy dirt or oxidation and can increase surface area to improve adhesion.
- Adhesion Promoters: Priming a surface can significantly improve initial and ultimate adhesion to many materials such as plastics and paints.
- Porous surfaces: Most porous and fibered materials such as wood, particleboard, concrete, etc. need to be sealed to provide a unified surface.
- Unique Materials: Special surface preparation may be needed for glass and glass-like materials, copper and copper containing metals, and plastics or rubber that contain components that migrate (e.g. plasticizers).
APPROXIMATE TIME TO ACHIEVE ULTIMATE BOND STRENGTH: 50% after 20 minutes • 90% after 24 hours • 100% after 72 hours Bond strength may be achieved more quickly and in some cases, may be increased by exposing the bond to elevated temperatures 60°C for one hour.