What Is the DevKit and How to Register It¶
As a hardware manufacturer, we generally don't sell any Sigfox connectivity. In order to speed up testing and Sigfox onboarding, you can purchase a DevKit addon for RC1 and RC3 devices for testing and integration into your platform and projects. The DevKit is a one-year connectivity contract to Sigfox that is limited to one device.
The DevKit contract: - lasts one year - cannot be prolonged (only replaced by commercial connectivity) - cannot be used commercially - Platinum tier contract with Atlas localisation services - international roaming - without Atlas WiFi localisation (if you want to use WiFi localisation, opt for the Google one provided by the IO Frog platform - use WiFi modes instead of WiFi Atlas modes)
DevKit step-by-step registration¶
1. Go to buy.sigfox.com 2. Select Activate my DevKit
3. If you already have a Sigfox Id account (if you have credentials to login into the Sigfox backend with), you can skip this step if you log into your account on the top right corner. If you're new to Sigfox, please select the country you are based in from the menu and hit Next.
If you're from Portugal or Italy, you need to register the device under France!
4. Now it's time to input the device ID and the PAC you received (you can also find this in the QR code on the back of the device) and the purpose of the project. Once you do so, please check that you see our logo along with the availability confirmation message. Then, hit Next. If you already have a Sigfox Id account and are logged in, you will have to choose where exactly you want to create the new DevKit device type in your Sigfox backend after this step.
DevKit cannot be registered: Invalid ID/PAC If you encounter this message during step 4, it means the Sigfox backend rejected your new Devkit registration because of two possible reasons: 1. The ID/PAC combination is invalid 2. The ID/PAC combination is valid, but the ID is not registered in the Sigfox CRA as a device possible to register as a DevKit In both cases, please contact the support desk of BOTH Simple Hardware and Sigfox Corp. This issue can be resolved very quickly.
5. If you have a Sigfox Id account and are logged in, the registration is now complete! If you have an account and you're not logged in, log in now. If you don't have an account yet, it's necessary to create it to manage your device. Just fill in your information and that's it!
6. DONE! Check your inbox for the confirmation email from Sigfox. If you're new to Sigfox, you will also receive your login credentials into the Sigfox backend.
Now that your device is registered, you can continue with creating an account/registering your new device on the IO Frog platform, where both uplink messages and downlink settings are already parsed - this will save you massive amounts of time if you're new to our devices as the firmware is quite complex. Please note that callbacks need to be setup if you want to use the platform with a DevKit.