What is the API 6?
What devices use the API ?
API 6 is the revolutionary and universal firmware used in most of our devices today. It expands the original 7 modes from API 5 significantly, more than 50+ modes are available now and there's still space left for more modes.
- one API for all new Simple Hardware devices (SsimpleLeak, SsimplePack Plus, SimplePack, SimpleMeter)
- easy to read, comprehend and parse in any IoT platform
- support of stateless payload parsing
- future proof and ready with full forward and backward compatibility both in downlink and uplink
- new uplink and downlink mechanism.
- using SimpleTime for all time definitions (from 1 second to 63 days) using just one byte
- using simpleTemp for all temperature definitions (from -40°C to 87,5°C with 0,5°C resolution)
- support for all new sensors
- 2 definable heartbeats with definable behavior and additional payloads
- message and heartbeat appendable information at defined fixed payload positions
- support for Sigfox coverage confirmation
- ready for logical operators via downlink on device side
- ready for world time sync and world time timed alerts
- totally configurable alerts (repetitions, actions, behaviour)
- easy to understand and consistent LED blinking and beeping
- global switch for muting and no LED indication
- support for sending only 1 frame instead of 3 frames (you can now send 20 messages per hour)
- myriads of other refinements and improvements
Here is API 6 documentation