How to set up the device for the first time? How to connect the device to the IOFrog platform?
You need Sigfox connectivity in order for SimpleHw devices to work. You can buy it directly at the IOFrog platform or you can use the platform with your own existing connectivity - the choice is yours. This guide splits into two at step 9 when the necessary steps become different for these two options of using our hardware.
In both cases, you need to create an account at IOFrog first. Here's how:
- Go to to the platform: https://www.iofrog.com/ and click on Create an account or Sign up.
- Fill in the necessary information and confirm filling the form up by clicking on Sign up. You should see this afterwards:
- Follow the platform's instructions and click on the confirmation link in the email. If you don't receive it to your main inbox, please check other inboxes you have including spam.
- After you go through, the registration is done and you can Sign in using your credentials.
- After you sign in, you will be greeted by the IOFrog dashboard. From there, you can directly add your device by clicking on the Plus symbol:
- There are five steps to go through, you can skip the first one.
- Then, type in the ID of your device (read this article to find it: https://ask.simplehw.eu/id-pac). Please note that the ID can consist of letters numbers 0-9 and letters A-F. The ID on the screenshot below is only used as an example, please don't use it for the registration.
- Next, choose SimpleHw as the manufacturer and then choose your product, make sure the correct RC zone is selected and hit next.
- Next step is setting up email, phone and push notifications, however, this is optional and can be adjusted later, so we're going to skip it.
After that, you have to choose whether you want to buy connectivity directly from the platform or if you'd prefer to use your own. We will be starting from step 1 for both.
A. I want to buy connectivity together with the platform (if you have your own, skip to B)
- Done! Your selected platform subscription was added to the cart, now please head over to your profile, click on Billing tab and fill in the billing details if you haven't already.
- After your billing details are saved, you can go to your cart, where you can find the summary of your purchase before you buy. To do so, click on the Paypal link to the right.
Please note that in order to buy anything on the IOFrog platform, you have to have an account with PayPal. If you don't, you can create it quite quickly when buying.
B. I have my own connectivity and just want to use the platform for device management
- Your device is now connected to the platform, great!
- Now you have to set up callbacks in the Sigfox backend in order to receive your messages. Follow this guide: https://doc.iofrog.com/en/connecting-devices-with-existing-connectivity/