SimplePack 3.0 and 4.0 Plus Introduction¶
The SimplePack 3.0/4.0 Plus is our universal IoT sensor that can cover over 50 use cases using different physical sensors and smart business logic of reporting data. The device comes in different versions that are tailored for different use cases.
You can find more technical information and also all available device versions in a datasheet we have prepared for device presentation.
Simple Hardware is not the IoT platform business and we are happy to support and list any platform supporting our devices. However, out of all the available platforms, we strongly recommend the IO Frog platform as SimplePack 3.0/4.0 Plus devices are fully integrated.
API 6 firmware¶
The SimplePack 3.0/4.0 Plus runs on the API 6 universal firmware (like all available Simple Hardware devices except the SimplePack 2.0). The firmware is rather complex and has a slight learning curve, so we suggest you start with this article:
The API 6 firmware of the device supports 50+ User Modes that have a lot of possibilities and offer plenty of customization.
What's on the back of the device?¶
- QR code: contains the ID and PAC of your device
- IP68: Ingress Protection Code rating
- CE mark: product approved for use in the European Economic Area
- EAC mark: product approved for use in the Eurasian Economic Union
- TELEC mark and number of our certificate: product approved for use in Japan
- Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) symbol: EU recycling legislation
- Device model and version: several options!
- Sigfox RC zone: the Sigfox RC zones your device will work in
- Firmware revision: version of the API 6 firmware your device uses
- Hardware revision: version of the PCB inside the device - what sensors are on the board
- ID: unique device identifier within the Sigfox network
- PAC: one-time code for registering your device on the Sigfox network
- Made in EU: protected designation of origin in the European Union