How to set up the device for door monitoring? How to do door monitoring with IOFrog?
THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS! There will be screenshots very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience. Here's the short guide:
Intended for: End users and integrators & platform providers to understand device behavior before direct implementation and fine-tuning (for those who want to integrate the device into their own platform, the firmware documentation is here: API 6 and API 5)
Use case description:For monitoring doors, we will use the SimplePack mode Door mode. The device behaves like this: You will receive a message whenever the door is opened or closed. The device uses the magnetometer to determine change of orientation and picks up smooth movement (which the accelerometer sometimes struggles with). Simple, long-lasting and reliable.
Detailed business case: TBD
Before-you-start checklist (you should have everything on the list if you went through the first message guide - https://ask.simplehw.eu/first-message):
☑️ Sigfox connectivity
☑️ Sigfox coverage where you need it
☑️ IOFrog platform account and access
☑️ Correctly set-up callbacks in the Sigfox backend (if you're using your own connectivity)
✅ Everything is fine!
1. Go to the IOFrog platform and login with your account
2. After you login, head over to your profile in the top right and make sure your Experience level is at least Explorer, otherwise you will not be able to change device downlink - if necessary, increase your level and hit Update to save the changes
3. Go to the All devices tab and click on device Setup
4. In the downlink tab, set the mode to Door mode (0...0109 in the top bar), hit Update
5. Press the button of your device for 10+ (SP 2.0) or 6+ (SP 3.0 Plus) seconds, this will trigger downlink with the new settings - the LED will keep blinking for about a minute
SimplePack 2.0 SimplePack 3.0 Plus
6. Now you need to press the button to activate the device (just for test - you need to see if your device received the downlink payload correctly or not), you should see a Start of arming and Armed messages and when you open device history or the All devices tab, the mode should be set to Door mode and the last message should be Armed
(if not, repeat steps 5 and 6)
7. If you received these two messages, the device is set up correctly and you can disarm/deactivate it with a long press (2-6 seconds), you should receive a Disarmed message
8. Now comes the part where you place the device where you need it: use a heavy-duty double-sided tape to stick it to the door. Please note that if the door happens to be made of metal, it's preferable to use a 2-3 cm plastic spacer (read more in our article about device placement here: ask.simplehw.eu/device-placement)
9. Once placed, activate the device by pressing the button and try opening and closing the door to see if you receive the message right.
There, all done!
- If you're getting false reports of usage or limited reports, try playing around with magnetometer sensitivity settings (the higher the number, the less sensitive the sensor)
- If you're losing a lot of messages, set up 3x alert repetition. This will better the performance of your device and you should lose less messages
Public data sharing: TBD
Private device sharing: You can share the device to your colleague's IOFrog account by opening the Setup interface and filling in their email in the Share tab
Need our help with customizing the settings?
Fill in this form! https://ask.simplehw.eu/use-case-definition