How to set up the device for office chair monitoring? How to do office chair monitoring with IO Frog?
Intended for: End users and integrators & platform providers to understand device behavior before direct implementation and fine-tuning (for those who want to integrate the device into their own platform, the firmware documentation is here: API 6 and API 5)
Use case description: We will use the SimplePack mode Monitor me - the device, installed on a chair, will be constantly detecting vibration using the accelerometer. When the chair is in use, the vibration will be recorded into the device and then reported regularly every circa 45 minutes - you can use this data to create a timeline of usage and see when it was used and when it was not. If the chair was not used and no vibration was detected, nothing will be sent.
Detailed business case: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10w9Q3jmDDun8eKRoffswaVsK99Khoa3a5WWAJHckMr4/
Before-you-start checklist (you should have everything on the list if you went through the first message guide - ask.simplehw.eu/first-message):
☑️ Sigfox connectivity
☑️ Sigfox coverage where you need it
☑️ IO Frog platform account and access
☑️ Correctly set-up callbacks in the Sigfox backend (if you're using your own connectivity)
✅ Everything is fine!
1. Go to the IO Frog platform and login with your account.
2. After you login, head over to your profile in the top right and make sure your Experience level is Expert, otherwise you will not be able to change device downlink - if necessary, increase your level and hit Update to save the changes.
3. Go to the All devices tab and click on device Setup.
4. In the downlink tab, set the mode to Monitor me (0105 should be in the top bar), hit Update.
5. Press the button of your device for 10+ (SP 2.0) or 6+ (SP 3.0 Plus) seconds, this will trigger downlink with the new settings - the LED will keep blinking for about a minute.
If you're working with the SimpleIndustry or the SimpleMeter, you need to either wait for the heartbeat that will request downlink (older prototypes) or you will use a magnet on the reed switch instead of pressing the button. The time of operation is the same (6s+ of magnet presence to trigger downlink, 2-4s to disarm device, 1s to arm).
SimplePack 2.0 SimplePack 3.0 Plus
6. Once the LED stops blinking, you can place the device where you need it: use a heavy-duty double-sided tape or glue to hold it on the chair, place the device as far as possible from the swivel chair's gas cylinder.
7. Once placed, activate the device by pressing the button and try playing around with the chair - you should receive the first vibration log in about 45 minutes.
There, all done!
Please note that Sigfox has a 90% delivery success rate. It's possible that the downlink will not be received by the device, the best way forward in this case is simply repeating the whole process from Step 4 onwards.
- If you're getting false reports of usage or limited reports, try playing around with accelerometer sensitivity settings (the higher the number, the less sensitive the sensor)
Public data sharing: IO Frog also supports public channels, where you can add multiple devices and display data from all of them, including their position on a world map. It's very cool and we highly suggest you take a look! Here's our coffee project and here's how to set it up.
Need our help with customizing the settings?Fill in this form! https://ask.simplehw.eu/use-case-definition