How to set up the device for office chair monitoring? How to do office chair monitoring with IOFrog?
THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS! There will be screenshots very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience. Here's the short guide:
Intended for: End users and integrators & platform providers to understand device behavior before direct implementation and fine-tuning (for those who want to integrate the device into their own platform, the firmware documentation is here: API 6 and API 5)
Use case description: We will use the SimplePack mode Monitor me - the device, installed on a chair, will be constantly detecting vibration using the accelerometer. When the chair is in use, the vibration will be recorded into the device and then reported regularly every circa 45 minutes - you can use this data to create a timeline of usage and see when it's used and when it's not. If the chair is not used and no vibration is detected, nothing is sent.
Detailed business case: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10w9Q3jmDDun8eKRoffswaVsK99Khoa3a5WWAJHckMr4/
Before-you-start checklist (you should have everything on the list if you went through the first message guide - https://ask.simplehw.eu/first-message):
☑️ Sigfox connectivity
☑️ Sigfox coverage where you need it
☑️ IOFrog platform account and access
☑️ Correctly set-up callbacks in the Sigfox backend (if you're using your own connectivity)
✅ Everything is fine!
1. Go to the IOFrog platform and login with your account
2. Go to the All devices tab and click on device Setup
3. In the downlink tab, set the mode to Monitor me (0...0105 should be in the top bar), hit Update
4. Press the button of your device for 10+ (SP 2.0) or 6+ (SP 3.0 Plus) seconds, this will trigger downlink with the new settings - the LED will keep blinking for about a minute
5. Now you need to press the button to activate the device (just for test - you need to see if your device received the downlink payload correctly or not), you should see a Start of arming and Armed messages and when you open device history or the All devices tab, the mode should be set to Monitor me and the last message should be Armed
6. If you received these two messages, the device is set up correctly and you can disarm/deactivate it with a long press (2-6 seconds), you should receive a Disarmed message
7. Now comes the part where you place the device where you need it: use a heavy-duty double-sided tape or glue to hold it on the chair, place the device as far as possible from the swivel chair's gas cylinder
8. Once placed, activate the device by pressing the button and try playing around with the chair - you should receive the first vibration log in about 45 minutes
There, all done!
- If you're getting false reports of usage or limited reports, try playing around with accelerometer sensitivity settings (the higher the number, the less sensitive the sensor)
Public data sharing: TBD
Private device sharing: You can share the device to your colleague's IOFrog account by opening the Setup interface and filling in their email in the Share tab
Need our help with customizing the settings?Fill in this form! https://ask.simplehw.eu/use-case-definition