First things first: INTEGRATORS/ENTERPRISE¶
Welcome to the IoT World! In order to successfully deploy and enjoy SimpleHW devices, it is necessary to understand a few basic things, but don't worry, this article is here to help you with everything. Make sure you read the whole thing so you're not confused later.
These are instructions for system integrators or corporate IT departments! If you’re an end user, please read these instructions instead.
You always need the following 6 things:
- Deep understanding of what Sigfox is and how it works
- Sigfox signal coverage at your location
- Detailed understanding of your use case/business case
- Working Sigfox devices that will cover your use case
- Connectivity subscription to Sigfox
- Platform to process and visualize the data from your devices
Instructions to get started¶
- You should have received full Sigfox training together with access to Sigfox Academy from your local Sigfox operator. You can find important information about Sigfox online:
It’s also helpful to watch our webinars.
Check Sigfox signal coverage:
In case you are not happy with the current coverage at your required location, please contact your local Sigfox operator to densify the coverage. For more information, see this article.
See the use cases on our website for inspiration - they will help you understand what our devices can do and what business cases they can cover. Define your use case before you start to play around with any device. This should help:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
What is the use case or business case? Why do you want to use IoT and Sigfox - where is the value for you? What and when do you want to measure? When do you want to transmit the gathered data? Is the data collection based on event/action or time? Where will the device be located - where do you want to collect data? What sensors will be used, how and at what precision? How will you evaluate the project? Is the Total cost of ownership (TCO) drafted? Is the Return on investment (ROI) calculated?
For detailed information, please read through the two Discovery documents here: General BANT and qualification
Purchase the devices at the e-shop if you have not done so already :)
- Purchase the connectivity (you could call it a “virtual SIM card”). We do NOT sell any Sigfox connectivity - we’re a hardware manufacturer. You have several options, please view this article for pricing information and a detailed explanation of the options.
- You have several options for how to get and work with the data - you can find them here.
Please follow these sample step-by-step instructions for easy setup on IO Frog:
- First message
- Chair monitoring
- Door monitoring
- Leakage detection
- Luggage monitoring (SimpleLeak only)
- Manhole cover monitoring
- Temperature monitoring
- WiFi tracing (devices with the WiFi module)
Refer to the rest of 50 other use cases and technical documentation if you want to achieve more. If you want to interpret raw data yourself and do the programming, please read through the API 6 documentation here.
If you want to use the Sigfox backend directly or integrate the devices into your own platform, you need to understand at least the basics of the API 6 firmware (not applicable for SimplePack 2.0 and maybe SimpleLeak, which uses just one mode of the firmware).
For any technical support, documentation and/or questions, ideas or praise go to our customer support platform and open a ticket.
The ID and PAC codes of your device are printed on the back of the device and also can be read by scanning the QR code. We will also send you the IDs and PACs when your package is dispatched from our warehouse together with the tracking numbers.