First things first: END USERS¶
Welcome to the IoT World! In order to successfully deploy and enjoy SimpleHW devices, it is necessary to understand a few basic things, but don't worry, this article is here to help you with everything. Make sure you read the whole thing so you're not confused later.
Keep in mind that our devices are primarily sold B2B to system integrators and IT departments of corporations. However, end users can set the devices up with little effort following the step-by-step instructions below.
You always need the following 6 things:
- Deep understanding of what Sigfox is and how it works
- Sigfox signal coverage at your location
- Detailed understanding of your use case/business case
- Working Sigfox devices that will cover your use case
- Connectivity subscription to Sigfox
- Platform to process and visualize the data from your devices
Instructions to get started¶
- For an introduction to Sigfox, read this article.
- Check Sigfox signal coverage here or you can try a different dataset here.
- See the use cases on our website for inspiration - they will help you understand what our devices can do and what business cases they can cover.
- Purchase the hardware on our eshop if you haven't already :)
- Purchase the connectivity (you could call it a “virtual SIM card”). We do NOT sell any Sigfox connectivity - we’re a hardware manufacturer! You have several options, please view this article for a detailed explanation of the options.
- Using the IO Frog platform for device management and data visualisation is the easiest way to work with our devices and you can also use all four connectivity options with the platform.
Please follow these sample step-by-step instructions for easy setup on IO Frog:
- First message
- Chair monitoring
- Door monitoring
- Leakage detection
- Luggage monitoring (SimpleLeak only)
- Manhole cover monitoring
- Temperature monitoring
- WiFi tracing (devices with the WiFi module)
Refer to the rest of 50 other use cases and technical documentation if you want to achieve more. If you want to interpret raw data yourself and do the programming, please read through the API 6 documentation here.
For any technical support, documentation and/or questions, ideas or praise go to our customer support platform and open a ticket.
The ID and PAC codes of your device are printed on the back of the device and also can be read by scanning the QR code. We will also send you the IDs and PACs when your package is dispatched from our warehouse together with the tracking numbers.