First message in IO Frog¶
You need Sigfox connectivity in order for SimpleHw devices to work. You can buy it directly at the IO Frog platform or you can use the platform with your own existing connectivity - the choice is yours. This guide splits into two at step 9 when the necessary actions become different for these two options.
In both cases, you need to create an account at IO Frog first.¶
A. Account creation¶
- Go to to the platform website and fill in the Sign up form.
- Confirm filling the form up by clicking on Sign up. You should see this afterwards:
- Follow the platform's instructions and click on the confirmation link in the email. If you didn't receive the email to your main inbox, please check other inboxes including spam.
- After you confirm your email, the registration is done and you can now Sign in using your credentials.
- After you sign in, you will be greeted by the IO Frog dashboard. From there, you can directly add your new device (you can choose which button to press, they do the same).
- There are five steps to go through, you can skip the first one (you can always add the fixed address later if you will decide to do so).
- Then, type in the ID of your device (read this article to find it). Please note that the ID consists of numbers 0-9 and letters A-F. The ID on the screenshot below is only used as an example, please don't use it for the registration.
- Next, select the correct RC zone (here they are if you're not sure), choose SimpleHw as the manufacturer and then choose your product and hit next. After that, you have to choose whether you want to buy connectivity directly from the platform or if you'd prefer to use your own. We will be starting from step number 1 for both again.
Here are the steps if you want to buy connectivity together with the platform (if you have your own connectivity, skip to C)¶
B. Buying platform access and connectivity together¶
- Done! Your selected platform subscription was added to the cart, now please head over to the Billing tab and fill in the billing details if you haven't already.
- After your billing details are saved, you can go to your cart, where you can find the summary of your purchase before you buy. To do so, click on the Paypal link to the right. Please note that in order to buy anything on the IO Frog platform, you have to have an account with PayPal. If you don't, you can create it quite quickly when buying.
Here are the steps if you have your own connectivity and want to purchase platform access only¶
C. Buying platform access only (and setting up callbacks)¶
- Your device is now connected to the platform, great!
- Now you have to set up callbacks in the Sigfox backend in order to receive your messages - follow this guide!