SimpleLeak basic operations guide¶
Arming the device and initiating downlink¶
Please note that the SimpleLeak currently supports only one mode - Leak detector. Changing the mode is forbidden as the device will not be able to switch back to Leak detector! Please use the downlink only for fine-tuning the settings of the Leak detector mode.
- Place the device onto a plate with some water (at least 2mm) and wait until it beeps twice - this indicates the start of arming/activation.
- Remove the device from water.
- The SimpleLeak will beep three times after it's armed/activated. It will also request downlink now!
When you arm the device, you should see this in the Sigfox backend:
- Uplink message with 0x0A (Leak detector mode) as the first byte and 0x10 (Start of arming) as the second byte. You should also see that the message requested a downlink.
- You should see ACKED when you click on the downlink arrow - this means that the BTS sent the downlink to the device (which does NOT mean that the device received the downlink!)
- Uplink message with 0x0A (Leak detector mode) as the first byte and 0x11 (Armed) as the second byte.
Disarming the device¶
- Simply flip the device upside down and wait. When it stops beeping, the SimpleLeak is deactivated.
When disarming the SimpleLeak, you need to see this on the Sigfox backend:
Uplink message starting with 0x0A (Leak detector mode) and followed by 0x14 (Disarmed).