What is the battery longevity in your devices? How to know the battery voltage levels of the SimplePack and SimplePack Plus? How to know the battery levels of the SimpleLeak? What do the battery levels mean?
Battery longevity introduction
Our devices are made to last with an emphasis on efficient power consumption. Please note that every use case requires different sensors and message frequency which means that the battery longevity will vary. There are three important things to consider:
1) In our datasheets, the number of messages and battery longevity in years was taken from some testing we've done with the SimplePack (both versions) - the devices were in the Guard me mode and were not sending more 140 messages/day (Sigfox daily limit).
2) When the device requests a downlink and then waits for the signal to reach it, the entire operation consumes as much battery power as one uplink messages in three frames.
3) When working with any version of the SimplePack Plus that supports WiFi, please keep in mind that one WiFi sniff is, in terms of consumption, equal to 2 uplink messages (the consumption will be lowered by 50% in a future firmware revision we're currently working on).
How to know the battery level of SimpleHw devices
1) In SimplePack API 4, you will receive the battery voltage after each downlink message in the OOB (Out of band) confirmation message.
2) In SimplePack API 5, battery voltage is sent daily in a heartbeat message by default and with additional fine-tuning, you can receive the battery level with every uplink message.
3) In API 6, battery voltage levels can be appended to any uplink event (message) with a hex symbol between 0x00 and 0x7F (heartbeats are included of course).
What do the battery voltage levels mean?
For the SimplePack 2.0 RC1 and RC3:
2.0V-3.0V Full power
1.8V-2.0V Weaker transmission range
1.8V-0.0V Device stops working
For the SimplePack 2.0 RC2 and RC4
2.4V-3.0V Full power
2.3V-2.4V Weaker transmission range
2.3V-0.0V Device stops working
For the SimplePack 3.0 Plus RC1 and RC3
For the SimpleLeak 3.0 Plus RC1 and RC3