How can I start as a private user/student?
Welcome to the IoT World.
In order to successfully deploy and enjoy SimpleHW devices, it is necessary to understand a few basic things, but don't worry, this article is here to help you with everything. Make sure you read the whole thing so you're not confused later.
Keep in mind that our devices are sold primarily in the B2B mode to system integrators and IT departments of corporations. However, end users can setup the device with little effort following the step-by-step instructions below.
You always need the following 6 things:
- Deeper understanding of what Sigfox is and how it works
- Sigfox signal coverage at the location you wish to use our devices at
- Understanding of your use case/business case - Why, What, When, Where, How, How much it will cost, How much profit it will generate (an end user can skip some of these)
- Sigfox-ready devices - actual working devices that will cover your use case
- Active Sigfox connectivity
- IoT Platform or Application - to process and visualize the data from your devices and/or manage the devices (we highly recommend the IOFrog platform)
Follow these step-by-step instructions to get everything working:
- For an introduction to Sigfox, read this article: https://ask.simplehw.eu/what-is-sigfox
- Check Sigfox signal coverage:
- See the use cases on our website for inspiration - they will help you understand what our devices can do and what business cases they can cover
- Purchase the hardware at our eshop if you haven't already :)
- Purchase the connectivity (you could call it a “virtual SIM card”). We do NOT sell any Sigfox connectivity - we’re a hardware manufacturer
You have several options, please view this article for pricing information and a detailed explanation of the options:
- Directly at www.iofrog.com together with data visualisation platform access
- At buy.sigfox.com (limited to certain countries, check if you are eligible to buy Sigfox connectivity at the website!)
- With the DevKit editions of the SimplePack 2.0 and the SimplePack 3.0 Plus, you get one year of connectivity for free (to be used for hackathons and development)
- Provided by your local Sigfox operator
Please follow these sample step-by-step instructions for easy setup on IOFrog:
- Chair monitoring
- Door monitoring
- Leakage detection
- Luggage monitoring
- Manhole cover monitoring
- Temperature monitoring
Refer to the rest of 50 other use cases and technical documentation if you want to achieve more. If you want to interpret raw data yourself and do the programming, please read through the API 6 documentation here.
For any technical support, documentation and/or questions, ideas or praise go to our customer support platform at ask.simplehw.eu (you can open a support ticket in the upper right corner).
The ID and PAC codes of your device are printed on the back of the device and also can be read by scanning the QR code. We will also send you the IDs and PACs when your package is dispatched from our warehouse together with the tracking numbers.
For order/invoicing/payment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For sales/pricing/partnership related questions please contact email@example.com